State & Local Law Outside of New Jersey
last revised September 3rd, 2010
- Cornell LII State Legal Materials Collection, including locators for uniform laws.
- Bill-Tracking (American Association of Law Libraries, Government Relations Committee)
- Interstate Compact Database (National Center for Interstate Compacts). Searchable by state, keyword, name, year. (There is also an older Interstate Compacts - Information and Directories page.)
- lexisONE "Free Case Law" tab provides access to last ten years worth of state supreme and appellate court cases. Searchable using standard Lexis connectors and segments, and browsable by court and date.
- National Committee on Uniform Traffic Laws & Ordinances, Current Model Laws
- National Conference of Commissioners on Uniform State Laws
- New York Law, by Caroline Young (Rutgers-Newark Law Library)
- Pennsylvania Constitution Web Page (Duquesne Univ. School of Law) includes extensive primary and secondary material on Pennsylvania constitutional law.
- State Courts (links for state court decisions, at Cornell)
- State Legislative History Research Guides on the Web (compiled by Jennifer Bryan Morgan, Indiana University School of Lw Library, Bloomington)
- State Legislatures, State Laws, & State Regulations:Website Links & Telephone Numbers (Law Librarians Society of Washington DC)
- Suggested State Legislation (Council of State Governments)
- Town Court Directory (Warren Redlich, Esq.): a directory of traffic courts and local criminal courts (under construction).
- American Legal Publishing Corp. (municipal codes in 32 states)
- Conway Greene Co. (municipal codes in Ohio)
- The Fien Group (municipal codes mostly in Alaska, California, Oregon, Washington; also Dover NY, Meadville PA, and Mesilla NM)
- General Code Corp. (municipal codes in 19 states)
- LexisNexis Municipal Codes Web Library (codes in 33 states)
- Municipal Code Corp. (codes in 46 states)
- New York City Charter, Administrative Code, and Rules